Saturday, February 26, 2005

The Pope's New Book II

Ok, so, the same day I wrote my last message, the Pope was taken into hospital again. Poor man. The whole ordeal of the Catholic church seems something very absurd to me, but I recognize that the holy father, in some ways, has more power than the U.S. President, certainly over many more people. I just wish he'd use it more responsibly.

What I wanted to say was that I hope he gets better. And steps down to make room for someone else. A hippy-pope or something like that. Someone who doesn't make such outer-worldly and irresponsible statements. Until then, the Catholic Church as an institution, is just as guilty of this crap which is going on around us as the Western politicians and all of us who vote for them.

My 2c for what it's worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home